Wednesday 8 June 2016

Whilst walking I am rather nervous of coming across either one of the "big" creatures, as most of you know. A forest Elephant, buffalo or even a python or mamba - but it's really the "little" zappers that annoy and hurt me the most. The tsetse fly (yes there is sleeping sickness here) the annoying palm flies and even mosquitoes! They attack my vulnerable exposed parts. The back of my neck, my arms (they love my elbows!) and ankles. I don't see them, but only feel the ouch once I've been zapped. With the tsetse the bite becomes a swollen, hot, hard lump for up to 3 weeks. With malaria, it's as if a forest elephant is standing on your head! The pain they inflict lingers... It's much like sin.... The "bigger" ones are more noticeable and they can kill or maim, but the "little" ones, which are just as bad, and aren't too noticeable, slowly creep in and harm where you are vunerable . The hidden zappers that rob you of your peace and joy. They could be fear, worry, pride, self pity, envy - everyone's list is different. Thank goodness for Gods grace and forgiveness....



Most fears are only mirages...

No comments:

Post a Comment