Friday 9 October 2015

It's Piton (Python) season they told me with great excitement.....

The six month rainy season started today, and when it rains it comes down in sheets! When the rains arrive the pythons start moving too.... And the Gabonese say Python is one of their favourite meats to eat.... Groan 😟
There is a reward on the ranch for any pythons killed, as they often take calves. One of the herders got lucky last month as he killed 6!

My greatest fear, as I walk daily on the ranch, is coming across a python, not because it will kill or harm me, but just seeing the sight will surely give me nightmares! They say I will be able to smell it before I see it, as they smell putrid..... 

This pic is not taken by me and I do not hope to take a pic either....


No comments:

Post a Comment